last updated on July 16th, 2000
FLASH: This years' event will NOT be at the usual place, that being
Steve's Campsite. It has closed up shop. Info pertaining to the NEW site will be
posted here and on the mailing list as soon as it is available (Phoenicia
Campgrounds). Updates to
the news blurbs below relating to this new site are in bold
Tammy's Latest News
Written by Tammy "EDA Mommy" Campbell
Hey fellow EDA campers,
The time is drawing near for Bearsville 2000. And, we are very
fortunate that nearly 40 happy EDA campers plan to attend -- give me a DOUBLE
WOOHOO!!. But now is the time when everybody starts asking, "What
should I bring?" More than anything, bring yourself! We
take care of each other, so don't worry! Nobody starves, gets stranded
behind, or does without when EDA's are around.
However, if you want to be prepared, here are some helpful reminders.
First, camping at these events lives the theme "What's yours is mine, what's
mine is yours," so be willing to share what you got and always try
to bring a little extra if you can, but of course, respect the belongings
of others (like I need to point that out to EDA's :-).
The following list will serve as a MAJOR reminder for all those
who might forget the little things to bring.
- Cash is king -- First, you'll need $5 to
$8.75 per night that you plan on
staying at the site, and you'll probably need to buy some food/drinks/etc.
when you get there or, better yet, bring some food and drink with you!!!.
Plan on extra $$$ if you plan on any extracurricular activities or shopping
in Woodstock. Also, there will probably be the annual good-bye breakfast at Diner
Diner Diner =)
- Shower Facilities - coin operated showers are
available, quite near the tent campsites.
- Toilet Paper -- There are toilet facilities at the
new site, but it likely does not supply toilet paper (we are checking in to
it). Paper has always
been in demand the past few years.
- Flashlight w/extra batteries -- There might not be
lights at the new camp site except what you bring, so plan on having something to light your way.
- Your pre-made tape for the 4th annual EDA Share-the-music tape grab
bag. Just put on artists that you love, especially up and coming acts.
- A jug or bottles of water -- Water was another "in-demand"
- Snack food -- Most meals are hot dogs, hamburgers and such, which
we can always buy when we get up there. But snack food is something
you can buy cheaper at home and bring your favorite. Plus, everyone
gets hungry at different times and lots of snack food keeps everyone happy
until meal time.
- Folding chairs -- Or plan on sitting on the ground -- a lot
- Sleeping bag, blanket, a warm throw, or something, just anything
to keep warm. If the past three years tell us anything, it is that
the Catskills get down right cold at night, even in late July. Plan on
weather in the 40-50 degree range at night, I'll try to remember to let
you all know the weekend forecast for the area the Wednesday before the
- A towel, soap, etc. if you plan on showering.
and other toiletries you just can't (or don't want to) live without.
For the extra prepared:
- A tent would be great, but usually there is extra room with other
EDAs. In the past being "tent roomies" has been a great
way to get to know other people.
- An air mattress or foam pad -- the ground gets hard after the first
- A cooler -- even empty is fine, we'll fill it soon enough.
- Good walking shoes/sandals that you don't care a lot about because
they'll probably get ruined. Mine did last year :-/
- A warm sweater/jacket for around the campfire at night.
- Parking -- There is limited space to park in the campground without
blocking someone in or occupying prime camp sites. PLEASE PLEASE
PLEASE think of others before you pull up and block everyone else (EDAs
and others) from access to campsites.
- Late arrivals -- We do not know this new site, thus
we do not know yet if we will all be packed in adjacent site. As soon as we
know, it will be posted here.
If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to e-mail
me. Rob, the kids and I are heading up Thursday morning so don't
expect return e-mails after that time.
See ya there!!!!
Tammy :-) AnnualBearsville@aol.com
| The Latest News | | The
Main Page |
Maps, Cyber-Trip Planners, Camping and Lodging |
Is Coming? | | Angel
Needs A Ride (carpooling) |